Important Center Update
After careful consideration regarding the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic and discussion with our board members and staff, Fresh Start Women’s Foundation is implementing new health and safety protocols at the Jewell McFarland Lewis Fresh Start Women’s Resource Center.
We care deeply about the health of our clients and staff and are taking serious measures to reduce the possibility of transmission of the COVID-19 virus here at Fresh Start Women’s Foundation.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Fresh Start has closed the Resource Center until further notice.
In the meantime, we’re operating virtually. Please check out our website for our webinar schedule, favorite web content, and important community resource list. Staff are also on standby for emails and phone calls from our clients. Please reach out to us if you need us and stay tuned to the website for updates on reopening the Resource Center.
With the center closed, we will be modifying our practices to allow for communication between clients and staff:
- Live Webinars - Fresh Start is coming at you virtually to offer our most in-demand workshops right now. For women who are just learning about us, we’ll be offering our First Steps webinar on Monday and Thursday at noon. We’ll also have Stress Relief and Resiliency 101 webinars throughout the week. This is just the start, and more webinars are in the works! If you need us, we’re here. We’re just a phone or Zoom call away! Register for our Zoom webinars via the online calendar.
- Virtual Appointments – Our Social Work, Family Law and Program Coordinators will be limiting in-person appointments and moving towards virtual appointments via phone or email. Please work one on one with staff to arrange these appointments.
- Online Learning Resources Available – We will be posting online videos and content to supplement the workshops that will not be available for this temporary closure period. Click here to view our online learning resources.
- Community Resources Available – our team is working hard to share community resources during this stressful time. Click here to view our list of community resources.
Steps you can take to protect yourself and your loved ones from COVID-19 include:
- Stay home
- Practice social distancing – avoid mass gatherings and maintain a personal space of at least three feet at all times
- Wash your hands often with soap and water; use hand-sanitizer when soap and water are not available
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, and throw the tissue away after use
Please contact your Social Worker, Document Preparer, Mentor, or Program Contact directly to reschedule or discuss alternate appointment types. You can access staff emails here: https://www.freshstartwomen.org/about/staff
We are following public heath recommendations of the Arizona Department of Health Services, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
We hope you can maintain your commitment to Fresh Start. We deeply appreciate your understanding and support.