Fresh Start’s Computer Literacy Program serves to teach women the computer skills necessary to secure employment and advance in the workplace as well as to effectively utilize computers to support their professional and personal goals.
Fresh Start offers beginning through advanced courses to give clients the skills they need to master Microsoft Office Products. Whether you are just starting out or need to brush up on your existing skills, we have a course for you.
Want to take your Word and Excel Skills to the next level?
Starting in 2019 we will be offering a 4th level Word and 4th level Excel Class. Click on "Course Descriptions" below to learn more.
Fresh Start offers beginning through advanced Microsoft Office courses to help you regardless of your starting knowledge of the software programs. Each 2-day series teaches you basic through intermediate skills of using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Next, the Advanced Microsoft classes build upon the topics covered in the 2-day series.
Our Beginning and Intermediate Microsoft Series Includes:
- Microsoft Windows Level 1 | 2 hours for $10.00
- Microsoft Excel Series | Levels 2 & 3 | 2 sessions @ 2 hours each for $10.00
- Microsoft PowerPoint Series | Levels 2 & 3 | 2 sessions @ 2 hours each for $10.00
- Microsoft Word Series | Levels 2 & 3 | 2 sessions @ 2 hours each for $10.00
Our Advanced Microsoft Courses Include:
- Microsoft Excel Level 3 | 2 hours for $10.00
- Microsoft Excel Level 4 | 2 hours for $10.00
- Microsoft Word Level 3 | 2 hours for $10.00
- Microsoft Word Level 4 | 2 hours each for $10.00
Testing out of Pre-Requisites:
If you feel your skills are sufficient to skip the pre-requisite for any given course, contact the program coordinator, Julie Schaffer, at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for an upcoming testing session. The pre-requisite will be waived upon successful completion of the test.
If you need some support in navigating the internet, social media or learning about online sales, we can help! Fresh Start offers a variety of computer courses beyond Microsoft Office.
- Basic Computers & Google Tools | 2 hours @ $10.00: Learn about Google’s powerful search engine and apps for email; maps; creating documents, spreadsheets and slideshows; blogging; and image editing.
- Google Docs | 2 hours @ $10.00: This beginning level workshop introduces you to the word processing application as part of Google's suite of productivity tools.
- Google Sheets | 2 hours @ $10.00: This beginning level workshop introduces you to the spreadsheet processing application as part of Google's suite of productivity tools.
- Google Slides | 2 hours @ $10.00: This beginning level workshop introduces you to the powerpoint application as part of Google's suite of productivity tools.
- Online Sales | 2 hours @ $10.00: This workshop provides tips and strategies for buying and selling items safely on sites like Craigslist, Etsy, and Ebay.
- Social Media | 2 hours @ $10.00: This class provides a general overview of various social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Techie Camp is offered quarterly | Cost: Free | 4 Hours | Pre-Requisites: Thrive Level Membership and Basic Computer & Google Tools Class
Have you ever wondered what goes on inside a computer? Techie Camp is an immersive workshop intended to teach you all about computers and how they work. Upon completion of this fun workshop, you will understand the basics of:
- computer hardware
- software lingo
- computer maintenance
You will have the opportunity to disassemble and re-assemble a computer and participants leave with a refurbished laptop loaded with Linux operating system!
Please contact Julie Schaffer, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com for more information.
These 30 minute sessions are intended to assist you with your software-related questions. You can either bring in your laptop or work on one of our laptops during the session. Please come prepared with a list of the questions you would like addressed. Coaching sessions are limited to questions concerning Microsoft Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and/or Outlook as well as Google Docs, Sheets and Slides. We cannot offer advice on equipment purchases or assist in the maintenance or repair of your personal computers or devices.
To schedule a 30-minute coaching session, please email Julie Schaffer, Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clases en Español
Para registrarse, envíe un correo electrónico a email@example.com indicando la clase, la fecha y horario a la que desea asistir.
Banner images via: https://stocksnap.io
Take the first step in the journey to the life you deserve. Learn more about attending the programs and services at Fresh Start!Start Now