Volunteers are the lifeblood of our organization. We rely on the talent and time donated by members of our community to help us accomplish our mission.
Volunteering with Fresh Start is incredibly rewarding. Every day, you’ll make a huge impact in the lives of the women we serve. Over time, you’ll watch as clients transform from being scared and uncertain about their future to feeling confident and empowered to lead happy, fulfilled lives.
Volunteers must be 18 years old and attend a volunteer orientation at Fresh Start.
Join our team to assist with Fresh Start’s signature events: our Gala in the spring and our Charity Golf Classic in the fall, as well as monthly client-focused events. Assistance is needed with mailings, setup and breakdown, registration, distribution of gift bags, monitoring auction tables and other special activities as needed.
Filled on a needs basis, these tasks include data entry, filing, mailings, research, office work and other administrative duties.
Provide Fresh Start clients with one-on-one information and guidance to assist them in reaching their goals. Coaches require excellent listening and problem-solving skills, as well as demonstrated advanced knowledge/experience in one of the fields below. Coaching positions and requirements:
- Career Coach: a background in human resources, recruiting, hiring, counseling, or management
- Education Coach: background in secondary or post-secondary education, financial aid or educational recruiting.
- Financial Coach: background in personal finances, banking, accounting, etc.
Family Law Support
We need family law attorneys to provide legal classes and free or low-cost consultations to our clients. Family law volunteers must have at least three years of experience in family law.
Additionally, we need volunteers to provide consultations for our spring and fall Law Days. For these events, we require lawyers to have at least three years of experience in one of the following areas of law: bankruptcy, criminal, employment, family, immigration, juvenile, landlord/tenant, tax, torts, or wills/trusts.
We are seeking professional women to offer support, encouragement and guidance to women who are pursuing personal and professional goals over the course of 12-18 months. Mentors must be at least 25 years old.
Self-Esteem Services Professionals
We’re always looking for professional, licensed cosmetologists, estheticians and make-up artists to provide services and lead workshops. These volunteers must provide proof of current license in the state of Arizona.
Support Group Facilitators
Facilitate supportive, confidential peer support groups in topics relevant to groups of women at Fresh Start. This position requires experience with facilitating groups required and an interview with the Social Work Manager.
We are seeking seasoned workshop presenters with expertise in their fields who can offer workshops to help inspire, educate and empower women seeking positive changes and self-improvement. Please attach your resume with your volunteer application.
Presenters are expected to provide their own curriculum and have advanced knowledge/experience in their field, as well as public speaking experience. Presenters must perform a mock presentation for at least 3 staff members. Workshops must align with Fresh Start’s mission and guiding principles.
We are currently recruiting for 2016 for presenters in these areas:
- Career Development (Examples: resume writing, interview skills, networking, re-entry, time management, communication, organizing, career exploration, customer service)
- Education (Examples: applying for school, financial aid, educational goals, language classes, car/home repair/maintenance)
- Family & Parenting (Examples: co-parenting, communication, infant and child development)
- Financial Literacy (Examples: personal finances, savings, budgeting, retirement, debt reduction, buying/selling a home)
- Health & Wellness (Examples: fitness, nutrition, women’s health, meditation, tai chi, yoga)
- Personal Development (Examples: goal-setting, communication, empowerment, self-esteem, creative writing, public speaking, acceptance)
- Technology (Examples: computer literacy, intermediate & advanced levels, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Spanish: any of the subjects above in Spanish
To schedule a group project, please contact email@example.com.